Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 8-May 7

i'm so exhausted, i dunno what to do with myself. my roommate got off status this morning. the psychiatrist wants me to do DBT when i get out of here. i don't want to. started on abilify this morning, and it put me in a fog for most of the day. went to goals group in the morning. my door jammed on me right before lunch, so that i was trapped for a few minutes, until someone heard me banging. CBT group wasn't so helpful today, and i slept through medication management and self help.

feeling very out of it still. wrote a letter to mrs. s. ate supper. went to wrap up. spoke to dr. a. l. [see, i'm getting there. one day your whole name will be on...] and e. v. and my therapist. *me* came to visit, had a nice time. went to wrap up. now waiting for meds and then i'm gonna go to bed. no energy. tired.

4 comments:

  1. >the psychiatrist wants me to do DBT when i get out of here. i don't want to

    Ema fought DBT for a long time but I think she is getting something out of it. From the posts on frumsupport it seems it really does help.
    Kol Tuv,
    Aba

    ReplyDelete
  2. fighting or not fighting, there are only two DBT programs in the area. one is not a participating provider on my insurance, the other one isn't taking people onto the wait list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out that Bikur Cholim of Monsey http://www.bikurcholim.org/caps.html has an all female DBT group starting soon. I don't know where you live but here are buses http://monseybus.com/system/scripts/modules/admin/pages/show_page.cgi?p=97 from NY.

    Kol Tuv,
    Aba

    P.S. No news from the yated yet. I wonder how much they monitor that email address.

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?