Sunday, January 24, 2010

poem

from my friend, who goes by the name "been there"

Was fearless

And careless

As he got a hold of my trust

So youthful

And truthful

But gone with his thrust

I keep going

Not knowing

Something precious was lost

Now recreating

And evaluating

Can’t even fathom the cost

Memories uncontrolled

Horrors yet untold

Keep bubbling to the top

All that matters

Is left in shatters

stop STOP STOP!

There is no appeasing

It keeps teasing

Torturing my soul

This is bringing

A past so stinging

Its getting out of control

6 comments:

  1. Wow. So sad but written so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this poem to be so moving. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and submitting it for the blog carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So loaded with feeling, almost overwhelmingly so. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing yet triggering

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?