Tuesday, June 22, 2010

june 16, hospital journal, day 6

for this page, i painted a separate sheet of paper with acrylics, and when it was dry, tore it up and pasted it randomly on the page. the top was journaling, the bottom was "today i feel"
"laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. i myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. ~kurt vonnegut
"repetion is the key, sing this over and over, you'll feel it finally" ~london girls chior

for this page, i wrote the following affirmations over and over, so i'd start to feel them. then i painted it over with fluorescent watercolors.

"If you think nobody cares, think again."
"I am a good person"
"I'm getting better and better every day, with the help of Yud-Hey-Vav-Hey"
"Hashem gives me everything I need"
"I have potential to get even better"
"I help people"
"People like me"
"Bishvili nivra ha'olam" (the world was created for me)
"Hashem believes in me"
"I have a loving family and friends"
"I've learned that if I try then yes I can"

1 comment:

  1. I just found you on creative every day. Your work caught my eye instantly - your journal pages are astonishing. I went back to the beginning comments and gather that you are hospitalized for something other than physical illness. I've been there. Not hospitalized, but close. Just know that you control your destiny, your actions and reactions. Don't let others dictate how you feel. You must get better because I can see you have so much to contribute not only for yourself but for us. We all need each other, facing forward with positivity.

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?