Sunday, October 27, 2013

Something "New"

Technically this isn't new. It's been there all along. It's new to my blog though. This is a portion of my past that I never wrote about before.

I was talking to someone in the field of education this afternoon. She was telling me about a student of hers, and some issues they were having with her. It triggered this memory.

I was maybe seven years old. I was at a neighbor's house, one I didn't play with that often. I remember there were three of us together that day. The other two girls told me there was only one way they would play with me that afternoon-I had to stand up on a chair and pull down my underpants.

I don't remember what we played.

This story coming to mind reminded me of something I've read many times, but never connected with myself before. Someone who is already being abused, or who has been abused in the past, is that much more vulnerable to further abuse.

1 comment:

  1. That is very sad. (hug) But very true...children need to know what is and isn't okay and when to speak up. I hope the awareness will be spread more...

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?