Thursday, August 11, 2016

Dentist and Dermatologist

So, yesterday I finally forced myself to the dentist's office. I'm so glad I finally found a dentist who takes Medicaid! He was really kind, and when I told him I wanted to take care of my cavities as soon as possible so I wouldn't have a chance to keep pushing it off, he offered to fill them (all five!!!) on the spot! It was really hard-I'm not a fan of dentists, and there was a lot of triggering stuff in my head, but I got through it. Now I have to find an oral surgeon to take care of my wisdom teeth. Yuck.

Today I took care of another pressing medical need-I went to the dermatologist and had a full body check. What I thought was a mole turns out to be just a scar, but I do have another mole to keep an eye on. She was so patient, and kind, and really paid attention to what I told her about my needs as a DID patient. Unless my mole changes in color or size (she said to check around once a month) I don't have to go back for a year.

Of course, it's been two years since the gyn (or maybe only one? I need to go again, that's for sure) and I'm not doing it. I just can't. And it has been three years since my colonoscopy, and I missed my check in appointment at the GI since I was in the hospital. I have to reschedule, so I can get the colonoscopy over with. And if any of my cousin's from my Dad's side are reading this (you know who you are!) when was your last colonoscopy? When did your GI say to come back! Please be on top of it, we can't afford to lose more family members to the glory of our family GI history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?