Friday, September 7, 2018

Birthday Fundraiser

This year, for my birthday, I have a goal. I want to pay my therapist and psychiatrist each $1,000 of what I owe them. I owe my therapist around $6,000 and my psychiatrist at least $2,000.

It's not fair to them! They work so hard for me. They give me sliding scale rates, and I still don't manage to pay. (Right now, I rely on social security for my income, and it doesn't even cover my rent...)

Here are a few ways you can help!

Purchase a bag or t-shirt, with custom suicide awareness art! I created this piece with the help of Cella Schieffelin, who kindly provided free graphics help. You can purchase those here!

I have fundraising accounts on two different platforms: GoFundMe and TheChesedFund. Donations through either of those are greatly appreciated! Use the one that you are most comfortable with.

Another way to donate is to mail a check to me made out to one of my providers. For information on how to do this, please email me at abusehurtme at gmail dot com.

And of course, cash donations can be accepted. If you know me personally and wish to donate this way, please use your preferred method of communicating with me!

I will try to post after my birthday (September 19th) to give you all an update on how I've been doing! For now, I would like this to be the first thing people see when they get to my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?