Tuesday, April 28, 2009

almost 12 years old

it's getting closer to my bas mitzvah. soon, i'll be twelve years old. mommy gives me a book to read, all about how special a girl's body is, and how it changes as we get older. it's scary. one day, all of a sudden, i'm gonna start bleeding!

but now i know at least. i'm growing up, and it's ok that my body is changing. once a month, i'll bleed for a week. that's not so bad.

until this happens.

oh. my. god.
i'm turning into him.
my body is morphing into jack's.
i have hair.
i'm not supposed to have hair there.
oh. my. god.
i'm turning into a boy.
i'm going to grow a penis soon.
i just know it.
soon i'm going to look just like him.
oh. my. god.
how come this isn't in the book?
it must be that it's not supposed to happen.
i'm not supposed to have hair there!
what's happening to me?

3 comments:

  1. didn't you know yet at that time what it's one of the simanim of a girl's adult-ness? (didn't find a better word, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . apparently not . . . ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would she? Girls don't learn gemara and don't go to mikva together.

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?