Sunday, August 10, 2008

can i feel?



can i feel?

why can't i cry?
why are my eyes
so stubbornly dry
however hard i try?

how can i read and remember the pain
inflicted by others and myself, just the same
and hear all the stories of our world gone insand?
why does it stop before entering my brain?

why am i so hard hearted and cold
reading and hearing stories, new and old,
and still sitting here, acting so "bold"
as the pain can't enter my soul?

how can i just sit here
with my eyes wide and stare
and act as though the pain isn't there?
will it even get me anywhere?

somebody, please, i beg of you ,
make me cry and see it through
show me what i know is true,
that i CAN feel, like the rest of you!

so you think the tears that you see
streaming down my face
are tears of pain and suffering
coming out from some hidden place?

my eyes can fool you easily
into thinking that this is so,
but more often than not the tears that you see
come from the frustration that grows.

when i feel like all the words i have
(and you can see that i have enough!)
can't really explain what i'm trying to say
to make people understand why things are so tough

the tears of pain, suffering and sadness
are still locked deep inside,
sometimes i wish they would be brave,
not feel the need to hide,

so somebody, please, i beg of you
make me cry and see it through
show me what i know is true,
that i CAN feel like the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, i know you're reading this! what do you think?